Sunday 4 December 2011

Leopard Print Nails


Last weekend when I was in Northampton for my sister's 21st birthday, we went shopping and I bought some new nail varnishes, ANDDDD my new favourite toy, a nail art pen. So on Friday when her and her lovely housemates were at uni in lectures, I sat and procrastinated by painting my nails. The colours are all Barry M - £2.99 from Boots - in 'Blue Moon' 'Berry Ice Cream' and 'Strawberry Ice Cream'. The nail art pen is a model's inc black pen with 2 brushes for different details. The method is really simple :

1. Paint your nails in your chosen colour - 2 coats of Barry M is probably a minimum for me, as I think it looks faded otherwise with most colours.
2. Put spots of the second colour on top - you should only need one coat for the spots, as the dollop of colour will be quite concentrated rather than strokes of colour which are being spread over the nail. 
3. When you're sure that the nail varnish has dried (this can take a while!!!), draw 2/3 short lines around the edge of each spot, with gaps between the lines, and a few random lines on the base colour as well.
4. Wait for your nails to dry, and voila!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment